Steps to Rent in our Kitchen
Are you just starting your business?
* We love to provide space for beginning entrepreneurs. We offer classes to those who are just starting. If you have questions about licensing, insurance, marketing, etc - take our low cost class! You may even qualify for a business adviser. See more information on business development services here.
* We recommend this class before renting the kitchen if you are just starting out.
Already producing and selling?: Inquiry for Production Space
You already have your insurance certificate, food handlers card and a food service license. Inquire here!
Step One: Submit Your Kitchen Inquiry/Application
+ Step Two: Submit Documents
Once you are approved to rent... Email all documents to email@example.com:
- Insurance Certificate (See details below)**
- One Food Handlers or Serve Safe Card
- Food Service License with County or ODA*
- Sign our Contract
+ Insurance Details to send to your agent
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT EVENT CERTIFICATES – only full year coverage is accepted
- Please have your agent send a pdf that covers the following information (cut and paste the following to your agent):
We need a Certificate of Liability following these requirements:
- Additional Insured including endorsement: Hacienda CDC; Portland Mercado LLC; Hacienda QALICB LLC
- $1 million in liability including Products/Completed Operations
- At least $300,000 Damage to Rented Premises (covering damage to premises)
- Mailing address is 7238 SE Foster Road, Portland, OR 97206 c/o Hannah Edlefsen
- Description of operations is located at 7238 SE Foster Road, Portland, OR 97206
+ More questions?
Come to a tour and get your questions answered. Or, call 503.459.7725 or email mercado.