Steps to Rent in our Kitchen
On-boarding to the kitchen can take up to 2 weeks
Already operating your business? Have your insurance certificate, food handlers card and a food service license? Apply now!
Rent at $18/hour
- $50 deposit (nonrefundable)
- One time renters pay a $15 deposit (nonrefundable)
One time REFUNDABLE $15 key deposit
Step one: Attend Information Session/Kitchen Tour
Step Two: Submit Your Kitchen Application
Step Three: Submit Documents to Us
Email all documents to email@example.com:
- Insurance Certificate (See details below)**
- One Food Handlers or Serve Safe Card
- Food Service License with County or ODA*
- Sign our contract
*NOTE: If applying simultaneously for your Food Service License AND the kitchen...
For county: Send us your form and we will sign it!
For ODA: Move forward with all of the steps with us, except the ODA license. You will apply for your ODA license while in our kitchen.
Step Four: Set up Payment and Scheduling System and Start Renting!
- Once paperwork is in, we will e-mail you instructions on setting up your scheduling and payment system - schedule your first production time in the kitchen.
- Set up an appointment to get your key and last orientation!
- Start using the kitchen!
**Note on Insurance Certificate:
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT EVENT CERTIFICATES – only full year coverage is accepted
- Please have your agent send a pdf that covers the following information (cut and paste the following to your agent):
For our insurance, we need the one page certificate that names Hacienda CDC and entities below and follows these requirements:
□ Additionally name Portland Mercado LLC; Hacienda QALICB LLC
□ $1 million in liability
□ At least $300,000 per occurrence (covering damage to premises and bodily injury)
□ Mailing address is 7238 SE Foster Road, Portland, OR 97206 c/o Caitlin Burke
□ Description of operations is located at 7238 SE Foster Road, Portland, OR 97206