A licensed commissary kitchen with a mission, for rent!
How to Rent: Begin with an Information Session
The FIRST Wednesday of each month (English). Spanish sessions are the LAST Wednesday of each month. 6pm - 7:30pm in Portland Mercado. 7238 SE Foster Rd. Portland, OR 97206
- Option One - After Attending or Information Session and our Boot Camp: You have an idea for a food business or are a startup and are interested in participating in our program or looking for more resources to have a stable foundation when you start your business! Entrepreneurs who have attended Food Business Boot Camp have access to our affordable price of $15/hour.
- Option Two - Using the kitchen only: You are a formal operating business with your food service license, food handlers card and insurance and you want to rent the kitchen only. Please note that businesses not in our program services pay $18/hour. To learn more, visit our kitchen rent page.
Tell me more about your kitchen.
The Micro Mercantes kitchen 24/7 access kitchen is an affordable licensed non-profit commissary in Portland, Oregon that welcomes entrepreneurs in the beginning stages of their food business or who are looking to expand their small scale business. The current businesses that rent our licensed kitchen vary greatly - from Kenyan catered meals to real NY style bagels selling at cafes to tamales at the local farmers markets.
Where is it located?
In our sister project, the Portland Mercado - a vibrant Latin American market right here in Portland. The address is 7238 SE Foster Road.
What does rent include?
We believe in a kitchen that is an affordable place for start-up and small scale businesses to get started. Rent includes use of all of the equipment, 24/7 access, cold storage, all utilities including Wi-Fi, A/C, compost, and towel service and cleaning supplies. Dry storage is a separate fee if desired.
Where does the profit go?
100% of the profit goes right back in to our non-profit to support our work with start-up food businesses.
What is in the kitchen?
We have a brand new, licensed kitchen with lots of amenities. Contact us for the latest info or specific questions.
Here is a list of some of the amenities:
- A modern, clean look with skylights, bright turquoise walls, concrete floors, pendant lights & wood truss ceiling.
- Utilities, including compost
- Cleaning supplies and towel & mop head service
- Secure and safe exit and entry with access card system.
- Equipment, including:
- 10x20 walk-in cooler
- Reach-in freezer, 2 sections
- Reach-in refrigerator, 2 sections
- Filtered ice maker
- Secure dry storage units (first come, first serve)
- Convection Oven, Southbend
- Range, 60", 5 burners, 24" griddle
- Range, 8 burners
- Kettle/pot filler faucet
- Tilting skillet, electric, with floor trough (google this, an awesome tool!)
- Boilerless convection steamer
- Large exhaust hood, automatic and variable speed
- Mixer, Planetary 30 qt floor model
- 1 mixers, planetary (table, 8 qrt)
- 2 heavy duty food processors
- Pan racks and pans for cold storage and transport
- Large pots and pans
- Large cutting boards
- Large immersion blender
- 2 Vitamix mixers
- Tortilla Press
- Rice cooker
- Multiple hand sinks and prep sinks
- Soak sink for large pots
- Rinse sink
- High Temperature Sanitizer Dishwasher with drying space
- Under table and wall shelving
- 9 large work/prep tables, stainless steel
- Cord ceiling plugs with low and high wattage
- Cleaning supplies and towel service
- 20 stools for cooking classes
When is the kitchen open?
The kitchen is open every day of the week, 24 hours a day, including holidays. We want to make it easier for you to get started, and a flexible schedule helps as you balance work, business and family commitments.