Help When You Need It
We want you to be supported as you start & expand your business. We are currently focusing on Food Businesses. If you have an idea for a food business or are just starting your business, our services can help you!
Step One: Come to our orientation
Learn about how to start a food business in Portland & how our program works.
Upcoming Orientations at Portland Mercado 7238 SE Foster Rd., Portland, OR 97206:
- Wednesday, April 5th, 6pm - 8pm .
- Wednesday, May 3rd, 6pm - 8pm
Step Two: Attend our boot camp:
Food Business Foundations Boot Camp
We invite local experts to provide you with the steps you need to start your food business. This 6 session course over 2 weeks will cover recipe development, food licensing, business licensing and insurance, cash-flow, marketing, sales channels and more.
If you have already come to an Orientation, you can see more information on the Program Calendar and register for boot camp by email at email@example.com
Step Three: Enroll in our program services
If you have completed our boot camp, we will give you a simple application for our Program Services.
We will review your application. If you are accepted, you can take advantage of our program services.
Our Program Services include:
- Business Advising
- Business Seminars
- IDAs or "matched savings accounts" to fund your business
- Opportunities to sell in our market El Mercadito and one day events
- Affordable Rent in the Kitchen (if you already have a business, are not interested in our business development services, you can get more information on kitchen rental here.